The Sell & Stay Option: Explained
Convert your home equity to cash by selling your house to Marketplace Homes and staying as a renter. Lease as long as you’d like and at any time, buy it back or request Marketplace Homes to sell through our designated sale-leaseback program.
Unlike other residential sale-leasebacks, Sell & Stay includes an option contract, which gives you the right to repurchase the home for a price agreed upon in the transaction.
Alternatively, you also have the right to direct Marketplace Homes to sell the house on the open market where you will receive the full sale value, minus the Marketplace Homes buyback price.
A Plan Built For You
After you sign up for the Sell & Stay program, we will front you 80% of your home’s appraised value. You become the renter and we own your home. Live in your home as a renter and enjoy a flexible housing timeline on your terms. We will then give you the remaining 20% after your sale-leaseback is over and we sell your home.
Life can have unexpected twists and turns. If you change your mind at any point during your leaseback period, know that you have the option to buy back your home. You can also choose to stay the course and move out when your’e ready. At this time, Marketplace Homes will sell your home on the open market and give you the remaining 20% of your home’s appraised value.
Full Picture Evaluation
Finances come in all shapes and sizes. Unlike lenders, Marketplace Homes can assist people a wider range of credit history and income types. Give us a call and let us know your situation and we can find the best options for you.
The next steps
Get a Personalized Plan
We’ll craft a personalized Sell & Stay plan to provide the desired amount of cash you need from the available equity in the home.
Sign, Close, and Get Your Cash
After the Purchase Agreement to buy your home is executed, Marketplace Homes administers a traditional two to four-week real estate home closing process. At the completion of the closing process, your home is sold to Marketplace Homes, your lease begins, and you will receive the agreed-upon cash.
Stay in Your Home
You stay in the home as a renter while deciding on your next steps. At any point, you can exercise your Sell & Stay Option to repurchase or request Marketplace Homes to sell on the open market.
Learn More About What a Sale-leaseback Is
Click the button below to download our free infographic!
Sounds too good to be true?
See what hundreds of our satisfied customers are saying about our people and our rental buyout services.
Marketplace Homes is a great real estate company! They worked tirelessly to list my house for sale, negotiated the price with agents for me, and got me more than I thought we could get! Cassie Ott was professional and gave me great advice on how to prepare for the transition to my new house. Excellent experience! Will def recommend.
We just had the pleasure or working with the team at Marketplace Homes and it was an absolute pleasure. They are professional, clear and concise with their communications and always respond in a prompt and courteous manner. We look forward to working with them again in the future!
Mike T. was amazing in helping us sell our home in Katy, TX so that we could move into our dream home!! The Marketplace Homes team bought our house so we didn't even have to go through the process of showings, it was the simplest way ever to sell our home....we can't recommend them enough.
Marketplace Homes did a great job marketing our home so that we can purchase our dream house. They asked the right question, stayed in constant communication, sent out a professional photographer and much more. The team is knowledgeable, like able and helpful. We sold our home very quickly thanks to them!
Working with Jon has really been a lot easier then I expected. My wife and I are both doing a 1 yr tour in Afghanistan and the Marketplace team has made sure to remedy any issues no matter what time we contacted them. True professionals that stick by their word.
Parker - Cincinnati, OH